Student Code of Conduct
Students at Mandarin Language Discovery are expected to follow our school’s code of conduct. All students are expected to act in an appropriate and civil manner.
There are disciplinary actions against individuals who do not comply with the rules and or disregard the welfare of all others in the school community, school facilities, school equipment, and the property of others.
Mandarin Language Discovery reserves the right to take disciplinary action against the offending party, which may include removal from the class or program.
The following are examples of infractions. The list is not intended to be all inclusive.
* Bullying, whether verbal or physical
* Using inappropriate language in classrooms or during online classes
* Intimidating, harassing or discriminating against any person
* Racial or sexual harassment or assault of any form
* Injuring any person or threatening to do so
* Damaging, vandalizing or stealing school property or the property of others
* Disrupting classes, programs or other school activities
* Entering or remaining in any portion of the school premises without authorization
* Possessing or using weapons, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes or vaping on school property
* Plagiarizing homework or exams, and/or inducing or coercing others to commit similar acts
* Refusing to comply with any reasonable order of identifiable school officials
Depending on the severity of the infraction, the disciplinary actions may include any or all of the following.
* Written notification sent to the parents
* Incident Report filed by the teacher.
* Meeting with the primary teacher and owner.
* Removal from the classroom or program.
Parents are required to discuss the Student Code of Conduct with their children and encourage them to take responsibility for their individual actions.
Hard copies will be distributed in class and parents’ signatures are required.
Click below to download the Student Code of Conduct